CRDA: Elaine Zamansky, 609-343-5974, firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic City Tourism District Gears Up for Spring and Summer
(Atlantic City, March 24, 2016) – Atlantic City’s tourism officials have issued a warm welcome to visitors and convention attendees planning to visit this spring and summer, noting that new attractions and upgrades throughout the city will provide a first class experience for both returning and new visitors.
“Our resorts have been working overtime to provide room renovations, new restaurants and special events,” said John Palmieri, executive director of the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA), which operates the Atlantic City Tourism District. “Among other exciting events, our annual Atlantic City Airshow will be held on August 17, and the Miss America Competition will return on September 11.”
Palmieri adds, “Our guests can look forward to enjoying clean beaches, top entertainers in Boardwalk Hall and casino showrooms, luxurious spas, brand name shopping and, of course, miles of well-groomed Boardwalk to explore along with attractions the whole family can enjoy. Our Ambassadors will be available to assist throughout the Tourism District, and our Special Improvement Division is setting out to ensure cleanliness and safety along the Boardwalk.”
In addition to your longstanding favorites, Atlantic City will unveil several new attractions this spring and summer:
- New nightclubs at Borgata, Tropicana and The Playground
- New light shows at Tropicana
- Saturday night fireworks at Tropicana
- A new beer garden and outdoor pool at Borgata
- A new Marketplace eatery at Borgata, replacing the Cafeteria food court
- New conference facilities and hotel room renovations at Resorts
- New indoor-outdoor Boardwalk Saloon at Bally’s
- Live camera views, including a “selfie cam” at Absecon Lighthouse
- A major expansion at Dock’s Oyster House
- A new restaurant from celebrity chef Michael Symon at Borgata
- Atlantic City’s first-ever Burger Bash at Golden Nugget
- Bayview Tower hotel room renovations at Harrah’s
- Temple Tower hotel room renovations at Caesars
- New lighting and sound grids have turned the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall into the Adrian Phillips Theater
Long known as the Entertainment Capital of the Jersey Shore, Atlantic City won’t disappoint over the coming months, with top names booked at Boardwalk Hall and showrooms throughout the city. Luminaries including Janet Jackson, Justin Bieber, Ciara, Jerry Seinfeld, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum and Jane Lynch, and many more, will all provide unforgettable evenings.
For complete information about visiting Atlantic City, log onto www.doatlanticcity.com, where you can find visitor information as well as a calendar of events, entertainment and tours that is updated regularly.
# # #
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, CRDA’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City, resulting in nearly $1 billion in economic development and non-gaming attractions. In total, CRDA has invested nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide since 1984. CRDA responsibilities include land use regulation, clean and safe initiatives, tourism marketing, and ownership and oversight of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall.
For destination photos and videos media may visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline where dozens of assets are available for download. For complete Atlantic City tourism information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoAtlanticCity and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VisitAC hashtag #DOAC.