The CRDA makes capital investments through bonds and loans in projects that would not attract capital in normal market conditions. CRDA investment in a project cannot replace public or private capital that would otherwise be invested in the project.
The Authority provides financial assistance for the following types of projects:
- Projects that directly serve pressing social and economic needs of local residents, including but not limited to supermarkets, commercial establishments, daycare centers, youth and senior citizen facilities, parks, and community centers.
- For projects that are part of a comprehensive plan of redevelopment.
- Public recreation and entertainment facilities, to promote the tourism industry.
- Public transportation facilities
- Convention centers
- Manufacturing, industrial, commercial, recreational, retail or service facilities.